Sunday, January 6, 2008

Creative Instability


I don't have a fully developed voice, yet, for L'étandard Sanglant. I've blogged before, but not for quite some time. The whole idea of this blog and accompanying website is still gelling in my mind. It's all too easy to throw around nice words without ever really forming a “thing.” I know that I want to create something that inspires me to know more about others and to be more impassioned in regards to freedom and justice on a more regular, if not daily, basis. I want visitors to find useful information on the stuff of culture, so I don't plan to stick to any particular subject matter. That's not to say that others who choose to blog here may not specialize in a certain area.

At the moment, I feel that I'm in too many pieces to focus. I say that as a good thing. It's a highly dynamic and developing state. Of course such a state does have its accompanying instability, but I'm no stranger to searching for balance. I'm in theory building mode. My world view appears to be uncommon. I want to explore that more and develop it into a “thing.” So, I have some reading to do to gain a better understanding and perspective. I have a particular love for Kant. I haven't visited with him for a while. I believe I have something in common with Kafka as far as world view. I want to explore that here. So there, I'll be blogging about Kafka over the following weeks. So, I've come upon a plan, Kafka and storytelling.

I've been visiting with some Deaf friends over the Internet. Storytelling is a big part of Deaf culture as it is in all cultures. Sharing stories is great way to communicate and learn about others, and Deaf culture is rich with form of networking and forming ties. Also, the storyteller is forced to pull out scattered pieces and reform them in way that almost always provide the storyteller with a richer self-knowledge.


The Works of Franz Kafka

No comments: